Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year's Eve!

Teacup Lane all ready for New Year's Eve!


It's New Year's Eve and I just finished preparing everything and getting our kitchen island all set up for tonight to welcome the New Year.  

I decided to just make the pumpkin pie for tonight with the thought of making our chocolate pie for the weekend.  It's just hubby and I to eat all this stuff so it's better to spread it out over a couple of days.  

I made our Pap's Pizza Bread mix ahead of time so all we have to do is slice the bread and bake it.   We will have baby carrots and crackers with Pap's Dip.  And for dessert, of course, is the pumpkin pie and sugar and chocolate chip cookies.   You will noticed that my mixer is sitting out.  I love my Kitchen Aid mixer but that thing is so darn heavy hubby has to put it away for me.   

We forgot to get eggnog at the grocery store the other day so hubby ran out yesterday and had to go several places before he could find regular eggnog.  We aren't drinkers so eggnog is our choice to welcome the New Year in.  

Several bloggers have been posting about photography this week which made me think I should learn more about my Canon PowerShot S80 then just pointing it and taking a picture.  We had to hunt up the user's guide and I started to review it.  I found out it has some special settings for taking photos for certain scenes like portrait, landscape, night scene, night snapshot, kids & pets, indoor, foliage, snow, beach, fireworks, underwater and digital macro.   I will have to try taking photos with these special settings and I also want to learn more about using the "program" setting versus the "manual" setting.  I took the photo above using the new scene setting "night scene" I discovered on my camera.  What do you think?  

I think we will eat around 6 PM and then start watching our new DVDs around 8 PM to take us through to midnight.  Hubby has the firewood in the fireplace all ready to start.   We just watched Toy Story I and II again this week so we are looking forward to seeing Toy Story III tonight.  What delightful movies the first two were...we just laughed all through them.  

I hope you all have a wonderful New Year's and I wish you all the best for 2011!     

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Years! I was able to spend a little time "visiting" you and what a treat! I loved all of your decorations and was so pleasantly surprised to see your signs featured. Toy story has been playing all week at our house and I have to agree, we love them too. Have fun playing with your camera! God bless and take good care of yourself.
    XO, Dee

    ReplyDelete