Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Flower Power!




When I first starting crocheting years ago all I did was crochet dish towels.  That got pretty boring.  This time around I decided I wanted to branch out and try different things.  So I started crocheting dishcloths after buying some of those Leisure Arts pattern booklets.   At about the same time I discovered the wealth of information on the internet for crocheting where Carina's blog filled with her colorful granny squares inspired me to make granny square dishcloths - I love color and now I could happily change colors as often as I wished.  After making quite a few dishcloths I had an urge to try crocheting flowers.  These are the two books I bought to help me do just that!  You can see one of my flowers in the photo above.




Both of these books are lovely to look at with good instructions and have fantastic flowers to crochet.  





So off I went to Michaels where I purchased these yummy colors in Sugar n' Cream cotton yarn.  With the holidays and Christmas I didn't have much time to crochet but we have some RV trips coming up and crocheting is a great hobby to take on the road.  


Do you like to crochet flowers?

5 comments:

  1. i have never tried to crochet flowers, but looking at yours makes me want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you and Laura (Lallee's Cottage) just amaze me with your crochet talent! Did you see the post with the book that had the granny square jacket? Want, want, want one! But I s'pose I need to learn to crochet first.

    You are doing a fine job with those sweet flowers!

    ((hugs))
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yarn looks scrummy. I have made 1 or 2 flowers as part of CAL's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i haven't done much crocheting in the last couple of years. I taught myself from a book after meeting my hubby's Granny she showed me the chain stitch and the single crochet stitch... years later I finished a small lap blanket that my own Granny had started for me before she passed. It was squares pieced together like a patchwork, with flowers in the center. The only time i've ever done flowers. Once I got enough to complete the coverlet...I've not done anymore flowers.

    but yours brings fond memories. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea how to crochet, but those flowers are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete