Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Our Winter Wonderland




Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of our first snowfall of the season this past Saturday.  So, I dug out these photos of a snowfall from January 2009 to show you.  You can compare these with the photos I posted of an autumn perspective earlier.  











I read that the River Birch tree with the peeling white bark would look lovely against the green of Leyland Cypress evergreens in winter.   Which is why I planted the two types together across our shallow backyard.  And they were right - isn't it beautiful?   Hubby and I had a fun day visiting the Brandywine Museum in Chadds Ford, PA.  Every Christmas season they have a great toy train display and this year they also had an exhibit on Alice in Wonderland art & book illustrations.   What did you do today?

4 comments:

  1. Love it , Love it , Love it !!
    I would just LOVE a white Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy, I'm agree with Helsie - just lovely. The first photo is picture-postcardy

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's that beautiful porch again!!!! I baked all day today...getting ready for the big storm tonight...11-24" predicted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yikes! xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sandy! This is so beautiful!!! How lovely and serene! Love my sunshine, but wouldn't mind waking up to this either!!
    Have a blessed day! I will be posting about my dishclothes today!!

    Love and hugs!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete