Friday, December 11, 2009

Cat in the Tree!




I finally have an animal story to tell everyone.  One day last week I heard a dog barking and found our neighbor's dog, Teddy, looking up at our Red Maple tree in our backyard.  For the life of me I couldn't figure out why he was barking at our tree.  I went out into our yard for a closer look and found out he had "tree'd" a neighborhood cat.  Teddy stared at the cat and the cat stared back at Teddy.  





When I went to return our camera to the house Teddy followed me and while we were gone the cat ran away.  I don't know if Teddy would know what to do with the cat if he ever caught it.  I didn't get a photo of Teddy - he's a hoot.  My neighbors got Teddy as a rescue dog - he was wandering loose on an island and he was in sad shape when they bought him home.   But several weeks later with his fur trimmed, lots of love and good food he looked beautiful.  I love dogs.  Which do you like better..cats or dogs?   

4 comments:

  1. Great story and really nice pictures. Who doesn't love a good rescued dog. Have an nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I can't say which I like better. I guess I am an cat and dog lover:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy,
    Our cat of a little over 12 years old passed away last month. She was a beautiful white Persian/Siamese with baby blue eyes. She was so beautiful. She was such a good cat and we loved her. But I grew up having both dogs and cats. But I think I would really prefer to have a dog now. My favorite dog was a Newfoundland named Fred..he was so BIG and so sweet. I think I would like to have a small dog like a Bison-frise or westi..something good with the grandkids, but they are so pricey. So maybe a cute little dog from the pound! Wow, your grass is really green for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute when little. Then they get big and are pest a my birdie feeder...he-he... Great picture

    Have a great NYD

    ReplyDelete